Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dreaming....




















When I was small I used to dream

that my Mother would stop doing

the housework and spend time with

me.


When I was small I used to dream

that my Father would stop his

drinking and pay attention to me.


When I was small I used to dream

that my Father would not abuse

my Mother.


When I was small I used to dream

that my Parents loved one another.


When I started growing up I used

to dream that my home life was

all that I needed and wanted it to be.


Even more as I grew, I used to dream

of someday having a home filled with

love.


I used to dream that I would find

someone to love me in a special way.


I used to dream that my Mother had not

died but were here to help guide me.


I used to dream that my Father would

stop abusing himself and come home to

take care of his Daughters.


I used to dream of not being shuffled

from pillar to post so that I could

grow roots and thrive.


I used to dream that my Sisters and

I would not continually be separated

from one another.


As I grew older I dreamed that I

would excel in school and I did, as

that was my home away from the

home that was supposed to be.


I then grew up. I was no

longer a child but I was very much

a woman/child who gave up on

Dreaming....


And all of these years later, as I

go through all of those dreams

and wishes and wants I realized

what I want more than anything

is to Love Myself.  


I don't know how to do that specifically

but I do know this...I am going to do

this if it kills me. 


I am going to keep on dreaming of the

day when I can look at myself in the

mirror and reflect back the beauty that

others see in me.


I dream I can trust myself on this one!


I dream that Great Spirit will hold me

gently while I go through this terrifying

process of recognizing the Divine Being

that I was created to be.


I dream that I will quit lying to myself

and sink into that 'be-ing-ness' with

every fiber I am made of and show

myself the Warrior Woman I have

always shown to others so that I

can stop the damned Dreaming and

Live!


I am going to stop Living myself

through others and Live and Love

for me.


The boundary is now in place.



I have said it for the whole world to

hear.  It's scary right now, but I am

going to hold fast to the Dream of

looking in the mirror and reflecting

back...what others see in me.



Instead of Dreaming, I will be able

to Sleep, Rise and Live in Joy.



I am Forgiving Myself.


For all those who have shown me
aspects of myself over the years
to which I ignored as being untrue
I say forgive me, and I say thank
you for believing in me when I have
never believed in myself.

I thank also a young woman whom
I have come to adore, who yesterday
took it upon herself to show me
what I needed to see.  You know
who you are. and I'd like to leave
it in the ethers...I am not ready to
share that part yet.

Grandmothers can learn too....

A'HO!

11 comments:

Merry ME said...

I watched Rachel Welch on Oprah last night. 69 going on 70 and looking quite fabulous. But it was not her looks that grabbed me. It was her inner beauty that radiated when she spoke. Before the commercials there were "ordinary" ladies talking about aging. Each one somewhere between 50-94 shone in the same way. It is never, ever, to late to find you light and let is shine. Touch that little child your remember and make her dreams come true. I think you will find as you do so the woman in the mirror will begin to dream peaceful dreams of plenty.

I salute you as you begin this journey. I support you with my heart, my hands and my ears. Lean on others as you let others lean on you.

I hope you are excited, like a little girl, getting ready to go on vacation. There is much to be excited about. It could also be a little scary but fasten your seatbelt and hold on for the ride. You'll be oh so glad you did.

Joy Palakkal said...

Really exciting wishes!!
With All Best wishes................

Mother Moon said...

I can identify so with so much of your post.... beautifully written and so true... I never cease to receive a blessing each time I stop by to see what you are up to... have a wonderful day.

Doris Sturm said...

What a lovely post - that Heron photo is so beautiful!

I believe I can take heed and try to work on forgiving myself too...it's always been easier for me to forgive others than myself. I tend to cling on to my past mistakes and can't seem to let go... I don't know why, but that's just me, I guess.

Your posts always bring tears to my eyes and touch my heart in a special way - and for that I'm thankful.

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

smiling and hugging you. feel us all every time you look in that mirror...
you'll get there!

mxtodis123 said...

So beautiful. Thank you. I really can identify here. I used to dream my mother would stop going out with her boyfriend and spend time with me; and that my dad would stop his drinking. This old crone has come a long way from the frightened child/adult who found herself in the largest city in the world at 20...just because she wanted to get away. Many years later and through a lot of counseling, I've learned to forgive. Still have a way to go, but all I can say is that it is a wonderful journey. Best of luck on yours.

Pamela Jones said...

These are the days when dreams come true! May you see the light shining back when you look in the mirror, beautiful one!

AkasaWolfSong said...

Thank You All!

For your sharing of your Heart, Love, and Support of me at this time. I am Very Grateful!

Namaste'

JoyZAChoice said...

bravo!!!

Fire Byrd said...

To be able to learn to love yourself is not dependant on age, but on belief that you are as lovable as others say you are. And learning to say it to yourself and more importantly believe it.
Go with courage that you can get there, cause taking these first steps will make the journey possible.
You cannot loose what you have gained even when the journey is tough.
What you have gone through in life is what has got you to this point, even the bad stuff.
x

Gazal Bharadwaj said...

hey this is awsum...
God bless.