Friday, June 11, 2010
Sitting On The Porch A Bit....
Ever feel like hitting the trail?
Destination Pow Wow Trail?
Well, that is what this old girl feels
like doing right now...hitting the trail.
Going to listen to those Drums beat
out the Heartbeat of Mother Earth.
It has been too long for me and my
heart yearns for it. The pic of me
above was taken three summers ago
at a PowWow just over the border in
Rockton, Illinois. Man it was a cooker
that day...I had stood in line for almost
an hour to get a piece of fry bread and
that was after I visited all the vendors
that piqued my interest. So by the
time I got back to my chair I was sun-
burned and a little woozy. That is what
happens when you don't remember the
sunblock! So here I am in all my sweaty
glory, with hair stuck up in back by a
hair clip...you know one of those with
teeth, but my hair is so fine that it
inevitably falls out anywho? But I do
digress....
I am ready for a vacation. A vacation
from everything. I just want to go and
do and be. Whatever blows up my skirt.
My kids are off camping this weekend and
I think that is what precipitated my bad
case of wanderlust. When I was younger
it was nothing for me to throw all necessary
items in the trunk of my car and I'd be
down the road.
I'd really like to leave right now to go to
the Gulf Waters and sit with those animals
who are dying...it just about breaks my heart.
I'd like to sit and talk with Mother Osha..our
Water Mother and send healing into her. I
know that my prayers since all of this began
are being heard...my healing energies are
being received, but sometimes don't you
just want to be in the thick of things and
throw down the gauntlet, take up your
medicine bag, open it up and use your
arsenal to do whatever needs to be done?
Well, that is how I feel right now... and I
have to sigh.
It isn't in the cards for me to do that, so
I sit here and visualize me being there
doing my part, and each night when I go
into Dreamtime I set my intention to go
and do my part. I can tell you for me
that means astral travel, and as I fly over
the Waters wherever they are, I send the
healing down into the Deep. Heal Sweet
Earth Mother, Sweet Oshu, Heal....
For now I will take up my Drum and beat
out the Heartbeat that will transport me
in time to where I should be...would be
if I were physically able. I will join the
others on June 12th who are going to the
tributaries, the streams, the rivers, the
aquafiers, the ocean, and I will be praying
with my whole being that the Oil Spill will
be rectified immediately. I will pray for all
hands on deck, for ideas to sprout forth,
for listening by the powers that be who
regulate to open up and listen with their
hearts instead of their pocketbook. And
I will pray that all of you join me in this
movement of epic proportion. Hold it in
your being, your awareness, and feel it
deeply and with reverence...we are all in
this together. It is said and scientists
agree, that it only takes one percent of a
population to bring about a miracle when
all gather to bring about change. So let's
do it!
I found this song by Alison Kraus on You
Tube entitled Let's Go Down to the River
To Pray and while some of the wording may
not necessarily jive with your spirit, the
message is very clear and I am going to
sing it loudly and put my whole being into
it. You sing loudly too! I can hear you
way over here, lol! I give you Alison...
Wishing for you all, pure, crystalline water...
water that heals, water that refreshes,
water that nourishes and water that is
Holy......
I'm going to have my own PowWow and
listen to the Heartbeat of Earth Mother...
Ina Maka.
Labels:
Healing,
Mother Earth,
Ocean,
Piscean Waters,
PowWow,
Prayer,
Vacation
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Hey, that's a great picture of you. What a beautiful video. Love those waterfalls. Where is this?
Mary
Mary...here is the info published with the video on You Tube:
Using stock film footage from BBC nature films, this video follows God's most amazing natural creations of water and wildlife. The images are set to Alison Krauss' haunting acapella rendition of "Down in the River to Pray"
I have long loved this song and have sung it many times in church. It really speaks to the spirit.
Thank You for the compliment Love!
Bless You!
A beautiful Video Akasa and how my heart sang when I opened your blog and saw the photo of you here.
I could use a pow wow right now myself.For now I will sit by my brook with my granddaughter this day and let it speak to me as it flows.Sit with the mother and pray for healing. I love you so much.
A beautiful blog sister!
I am with you in spirit My Sister of Long Ago...my hands will be one with your hands as you place them in the brooks waters.
Send me some pics if you get the chance Love!
I am one with you!
A'Ho!
I know what you mean about wanting to get up and go...I used to do that a lot when I was younger and in better health. But, I will definitely touch the water tomorrow and pray my little ole heart out...I also wanted to share this site with you called Craft Hope:
http://crafthope.com/2010/06/project-8-gulf-coast-oil-spill/
You probably already know, but they're asking for handmade washcloths, dishtowels, etc. for cleaning up the Oil Spill in the Gulf. They don't have to be fancy (since they're going to be used 2-3 times and then tossed away) but just so they are homemade/handmade (because it's a Crafting Website) The deadline for this project (Project 8) is July 3 in case you want to join or blog about it...
There's so much going on in terms of helping that nobody should ever be bored...
I love that photo of you, Auntie Akasa, and the video made me cry - but what doesn't these days?
Have a lovely weekend, my friend!
I wish you could go to the Gulf, too. I'm from there. Poor old Gulf, so sad.
Today it can only be the shower ( not well enough for much else) but I will pray under it as I feel the water flow over me and away back to the earth.
And no there won't be pictures.... LOL!
xx
Thank you so much Doris for the heads up on Craft Hope! That is something I can do and many others I am thinking. :)
Thank you as well for the compliment and yes, I am a crier too...everything moves me and always has.
Give the furbabes a kiss and hug from me and one for you too my Sweet New Sister/Friend...Sending you cooler air and blessings of joy and peace!
Dearest Holly...so good to see you here! Yes, it is sad, it drives me crazy that the powers that be won't let the common man get in there to help in anyway possible...the people from those lands know more than anyone what that land needs and how to take care of it and yet...they are held back by the money machines.
I wish I were there with you too love! I am with you in spirit tho so I stand by your side holding your hand wherever you are! Bless You Holly for all the Beauty that you are!
xoxoxo
Awww Byrd...I know you can't get to the water but as you said standing under it in the shower will be a Healing...for you and for Herself!
And no, I don't want pics of that, lol! I pray you are getting better moment by moment Dear One! My thoughts and prayers are still with you! I will be lighting a special candle for today and anyone who needs Healing will be standing with the Mother ...
Peace and Joy to you always Dear Heart!
xoxoxo
Don't know which I'd rather do - hit the trail, I haven't been to a Pow Wow in years, or sit in one of those rockers and watch the sky change colors.
Fry Bread! One of many reasons to go to a PowWow!
I think I've missed the happening today about water/praying. Got details?
I do love you so, Sistah. I will light candles on your behalf...so that you may wander down the road SOON. Until then, I'll beat my drum with you...for you...and for Mother and her critters. Sending hugs and many blessed giggles.
Awwww Camille...You so warm my heart! I'd give anything to be able to pack it up and go! Yeeha!
LOL...
Just make some more of those videos at home and I'll be doing just fine, he he! I loved 'em to be sure!
Big Hugz...
xoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment