Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Gulf Coast Oil Spill - Sioux Prayer Request

A Letter from Chief Arvol Looking Horse

http://www.equiculture.org/arvols-message-to-the-world.aspx

I'm asking each of you to please go and
read Arvol's message...it is of utmost
importance in the days and weeks ahead.

I feel deeply in my bones the urgency of
this letter and have since the onset of
this oil spill...I say no more!  No more
offshore drilling of any kind any longer!

We cannot fight big money and power
but we can pray...we should pray...for
life as we know it has been forever
changed by this one horrific happening.

We need to be responsible prayer
partners now...

In honor and respect,

A'Ho!

5 comments:

Solve Lubaya said...

my prayers are with you!
my heart is in pain, when I see the ocean and animals suffering like this.
my prayers are with the ocean, the animals and the people.
really it affects us all.
hopefully this will wake people up and somehow maybe in connection with the financial crisis, something will finally be changed!

lots of love
solve
from germany

Doris Sturm said...

That Oil Spill is terribly, terribly sad and I've been praying about it ever since I heard of it. Those poor, poor animals and mother nature - it's the innocent that always pay the price for our mistakes - you see? selfishness and greed (and often times ignorance) because we don't need all that oil. If people would use natural resources, windpower, solar energy, it would be a lot cleaner world - I get so worked up over this. I can't stand it!

Let's pray!

AkasaWolfSong said...

Dear Doris and Solve....

Lend not your eneriges in worry and anger...instead my Sister of Light turn it around and support in ways that you are able...I feel the pain of this as you do, but this morning upon waking I decided no longer will I waste my precious moments in worry and being mad. I will direct my thoughts in prayer, I have little money so I cannot make a dent there (although five bucks here and there may well be the thing that fills the coffers if we all find an organization that is on the up and up), but I can pray and we need everyone in on this now. We need to be Prayer Warriors for the Planet and all this is contained within it.
So I'm with you both on that front! Always...spend time each day in prayer for the Mother...she grows so weary. I can feel Her weariness and sadness.

I love you both for speaking your heartsong here...it is vital we stand together as Sisters United!

AkasaWolfSong said...

I meant to say Sisters of Light!
Sorry! No harm intended! :)

DancingFire said...

consider it done sister.