Grandmother Aggie, Spokesperson and Eldest
Grandmother of International Council of
The Thirteen Indigenous Grandmothers
speaks about hope to change the direction
of the world, save Mother Earth, and ensure
peace and prosperity for all following
generations...
For more information on The Grandmother's
go to: http://www.grandmotherscouncil.com/
They also have a blog:
http://forthenext7generations.com/blog/
This night....
This night may my mind and my heart
be at peace with one another.
This night...
This night may my mind be at peace
with thee Ancient Grandmother.
This night...
This night may my mind and heart
Be one with You...
Most Ancient of All Mothers.
This night....
Amen
(C) AWS June 5,2010
9 comments:
This was the BEST video I've seen for a long time. Thanks for introducing me to Grandma Aggie - I've never heard of her before, but then I generally don't travel in Indian circles, even though I feel very close to the indiginous people's way of life. It's all about respect for the very earth and land that sustains us. I never understood raping and abusing the land on which we rely ... it's total nonsense and a crime, if you ask me.
I hope you don't mind, Akas, but I talked about this on my post this morning because I think some of my readers might enjoy knowing about these 13 Grandmas as well...I'm so glad I discovered this. It gives me hope.
Love,
Doris :-)
Just FYI Doris...You tube has other Grandma's speaking on it as does Vimeo.
I so want to buy this movie but that may take a long time for me to save up as I have other things in line before it...I will however follow them and see what they are up to in the present moments.
It is time, long past time actually for our world to listen to the Elders...for too long now we have been put out to pasture, been discounted as being outmoded and feeble of mind but I say no more.
Earlier this year while interacting with my Grandson's school I literally pounded my cane on the floor and said, "NO MORE!" It is time to listen to this Grandma say this child will not go through what you have been putting him through and here is what we will do from here on out!"
They listened. Period. It is time we take back our ways that were passed down to us and time for the generations coming up to go back to being taught by the Elders or we have lost the connection along the way, forever.
Of course you may spread the info...that is why I posted it. The more that hear the sooner we can begin to rebuild, self, spirit, soul, lands and the dreams are limitless.
It is going to mean we roll up our sleeves and appeal to the masses in every sense of the word and be the example wherever we live, and who we cohabit with in our communities.
It only takes a spark, to get the fire going as they say...
Thank You Doris! For all that you do!
Blessings, many, many blessings!
Such a great video. Thanks for introducing us to such a special lady.
Mary
I have to giggle -- of course, being in Texas, I rushed over to see what an "Aggie" was saying -- lol -- that's the Texas A&M team...
Happy Sunday!
Thanks Mary...She is indeed a force to be reckoned with but I think she has much, much love to give...and shares it wherever she goes. Her knowledge is phenominal! I fell in love with her watching and listening to her story and journey.
Blessings Dear Heart!
Holly you crack me up...Texas A&M?
Buwhahahahaha...girl fren what am I gonna do with you?
Thanks for listening and stopping over!
Blessings! :)
Absolutely awesome!So pure.I love you dearly and thank you for sharing this most important video.
Love it, love it, love it! Thank you!
As one grandmother to another...thanks.
Thank You DancingFire and Pam...
Yes, She is Grandmother Personified! Oh that I could be like her! I love her too and the other Grandmothers and will pray that their teachings go far and wide, that many might hear the messages.
Mitakuye Oyasin!
Post a Comment