Tuesday, June 8, 2010

For The Children

We can no longer afford to think of
only ourselves...we must look forward
and think of the children who are
coming up behind us...what legacy
will we be leaving for them when we
continue to rape and disembowel
Mother Earth...
She has too many scars, her Blood
is leaving her...and She Weeps...
I taste Her tears and hear Her cries.
No more.  No more.  No more.....

Aaaeeeeeeeiiiihhhhhhhaaaaa!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mother Earth Weeps
Mother Earth is crying
water high...
Snow caps melting, adrift
To lands where evil men
like thieves in the night
Steals her soul
while her body is battered
The fire boils within..... Bursting
To mountain peaks
Lava like blood spew at her crests
Sending men like mice
Scurrying to save their lives
And they are lamenting
In their hypocrisy & childlike abandon
Quivering asking themselves, Why?
In rejection of the abuse
Pain in the core of her belly
The pounding of bombs & missiles
the constant assault on her body
like abscesses in her wounds
Caused her to vomit and wept
tears of rain
flooding hills & valleys
covering the land with tears of pain
Ocean rises as a teardrop
Rolling down her face to shores
as waves higher than the skyscrapers
crashes
Lives lost people weeping... crying
for their pain
The abuse, pollution with oil slicks
Their dumping ground of garbage
Ocean's life depleting ... there's no more fish
Man's selfishness & greed
Her cloak is torn there's a hole in it
Sun rays hotter- penetrates through her shield
Changing weather patterns & Temperatures
Land once hot is cold
Land once cold is hot And once again....
Mother Earth weeps ...
Thank you Akasa from my heart for your post.Like me ...you are a caretaker of Mother,you are a mother and grandmother who loves all living things.Your prayer for the earth and our children is pure and together collectively we can help to heal. It is sad when we think of the carnage we are leaving behind for our young ones and theirs and so on.
Dear Mother, I lay against you Earth Mother, and you caress me with soft grass hands. I turn to the sky that holds you and your voice on the wind speaks thru your leaved trees and lulls me deeper into you .I am part of you , I am one with you .I smell your Earth skin, which is the very thing that grows that which sustains me. I rise and walk to the brook the very veins of you that carry the life giving waters to all that lives. Thank you Mother, without you I would not exist.

AkasaWolfSong said...

I don't know who you are but your words are my words, they touch my heartsong, my very core. My essence. I weep for my Mother...who weeps for us in our stupidity and blindness to that which is good, to that which is Wakan/Holy.

I remain in Prayer and Vigilance!

May the long time Sun shine upon you and bring you peace...
A'Ho!

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

It's so sad. I myself live in an area that really can't support so many. We pipe water in from almost 200 miles away, it's wrong.