Monday, March 29, 2010

Song of the Ostara Goddess






















Song of the Ostara Goddess

Crowned with sweet tulips, with snowdrops and lilies,
She gathers the nests in her arms.
She broods over eggs, she shelters small creatures.
The shape of her body burns bright in the grass.
All around you, the smallest ones hatch,
Then they fly and they sing.
Take heart, take heart and take wing.

This is an excerpt from Cait Johnson's
'Witch In The Kitchen'  and one of my all-time
fave books.  It is worn but lovingly has its
own special place amongst my other books.
What I love about this book is all of the
delicious recipes, & exercises contained within
as well as lovely meditations as the wheel of
the year turns, not to mention her own heartsong
in relevance to our kitchens being the heart of
the home, the hearthfires that connect us all.

So as we near to the time of celebrating
Easter...or Ostara..however you celebrate
Spring, rebirth, renewal, I hope we can all
remember our relationship to Earth, our
connection to the foods we put into our
bodies (remembering that food is sacred
and thoughtful) and feel some pleasure
and even wonder as we persue mindful
awareness of the Ostara Goddess which
lives within each one of us.

4 comments:

Fire Byrd said...

I practise mindfulness often. In fact nowadays I try and live my life with it. The affect has been awesome, given the difficulties of the previous year to now live in the moment is the path to contentment and inner peace.
Not only for myself but I teach it to my clients to help them move on from their inner pain.
x

AkasaWolfSong said...

It is pretty incredible isn't it?
I've been trying about a year now really to practice mindfulness. It isn't till just recently though that I am finding its effects are bringing out much more inner peace within me.
The inner pain as you say is leaving me as well, lifetimes of it as a matter of fact. I've been concentrating on that alone this year and I really feel like they are small miracles on my journey.
Thank you for stopping by Fire Byrd! Your heartsong is always welcome here.
Blessings....

Sandra said...

Thinking of you today.
Happy Spring dear sister

Lovely post...

AkasaWolfSong said...

Oh Ama...Bless you!

I am thinking of you too...just tried to contact you on messenger but no luck.

I have so much to share with you. I will have to email you then.

Happy Spring Love...I do hope you can feel better.

Namaste'