Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Quiet Spring Day....

After a cold and drizzly day yesterday it is
so glorious to see the sunshine!  We won't
have the warmer temps we had last week,
but who cares?  The Sun is Shining!

My ever-so-delightful Grandaughter came to
spend the evening and overnight last night.
What a busy, six-year old Pisces fish she is!
Always swimming to the next little project,
all the while yakking her way to the worm!
I could never keep up with her for a full
week around the pond! 

She amazes me!  We were drumming last
evening and she was into dancing along
with the drumming and I just sat back
and smiled my way through the whole
beautiful event that it was and truly, it
was an event!  She told me..."Grandma,
I can see spirits in my drum!"  I asked her
which ones she was seeing and she said
there was a bird, but she didn't know
which kind, and she then announced
that she had seen some in it before too!

She never misses a lick!  We went on to
talk about how sad Mother Earth is when
people don't take care of her...she said
we won't have a Mother Earth if we don't
start paying attention...all of this from my
little, blondie....she is surely mine!  Of
course I have taught her these things as
I am sure her Momma does, and they hear
it in school now as well, but to hear her
say them in such a matter of fact way,
that it was in her 'being' to know all of
this, just made me feel so ooey-gooey
warm inside.  She has been paying
attention all of this time...and I am so
proud of her. 

We had a beautiful time together, my
Little Dolly and I.  I am the luckiest
Grandma, to have two such wise and
sparkling Grandchildren...and today I
am grateful for the Sun that is Shining
and the Sunshine they bring to this
Crone!  Grandchildren are a Gift!!!

You are my Sunshine, my only Sunshine.
You make me happy, when skies are
grey....

2 comments:

Merry ME said...

It sounds like you have been been blessed several times over.

AkasaWolfSong said...

Indeed I have Mary...and I am so grateful!!!