Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter...
















The extreme delicacy of this Easter morning
Spoke to me as a prayer and as a warning.
It was light on the brink, spring light
After a rain that gentled my dark night.
I walked through landscapes I had never seen
Where the fresh grass had just begun to green,
And its roots, watered deep, sprung to my tread;
The maples wore a cloud of feathery red,
But flowering trees still showed their clear design
Against the pale blue brightness chilled like wine.
And I was praying all the time I walked,
While starlings flew about, and talked and talked.
Somewhere, and everywhere life spoke the word.
The dead trees woke; each bush held its bird.
I prayed for delicate love and difficult,
That all be gentle now and know no fault,
That all be patient - as a wild rabbit fled
Sudden before me.  Dear love, I would have said
(And to each bird who flew up from the wood),
I would be gentler still if that I could,
For on this Easter morning it would seem
The softest football danger is, extreme...
And so I prayed to be less than the grass
And yet to feel the Presence that might pass.
I made a prayer, I heard the answer, "Wait,
when all is so in peril, and so delicate!"

~May Sarton~

Happy Easter!

10 comments:

Fire Byrd said...

love the green grass waking up. it's happening here and each day something new is bursting forth. such a wonderful time of year.
xx

Mama Feoneafey said...

So Beautiful!
Happy Easter!

AkasaWolfSong said...

Yes...we had a nice gentle rain yesterday and overnight the night before and it really greened things up and I notice today the wild violets are popping out all over and the perennials have really shot up...which means I need to prune and split up some plants...still have a few weeks before I get hot on that trail tho!
Happy Easter Blessings, Fire Byrd!

AkasaWolfSong said...

Happy Easter to You Mama Feoneafey...That was from the book 'Earth Prayers' which I use all of the time.

Blessings To You!

mxtodis123 said...

Those blossoms are so beautiful, so delicate. My favorite time of the year. Blessings to you and yours.
Mary

AkasaWolfSong said...

Mary...I too love the waking up of Spring but I think my favorite time of year is Autumn.

I found the photo on Photobucket...I don't have a camera but I think I am going to make that a priority soon since everyone on blogger loves to share their photos...

Happy Easter and Many Blessings!

Laura Paine Carr said...

I love Mary Sarton's poetry.
I love Earth Prayers.
And in the delicacy is a profound strength, no?
xoxo

AkasaWolfSong said...

Dearest Swallowtail...

Indeed there is a profound strength here...it is what pulled my soul into it.

Happy Easter/Spring Beloved One!

Merry ME said...

Just checking to see if everything is okay in your world.

AkasaWolfSong said...

Dear Mary...Thank you for stopping in to see how I am doing...all I can say is I AM.

I really have no words right now...I am beginning to see more light and feel more breezes but the words just aren't there yet...

I continue to be gentle with myself and self-care...that is all I can do for now.

Thank You again for showing your love and concern...it means a great deal to me.

Your Sister...Akasa