Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Call Of Love and FireKeeper...



Today is a Joy-Filled Day but also mixed with sadness...

Firekeeper as you all well know, has faced what some might
call insurmountable odds as a young man, and yet he has so
fought the good fight for himself.  A year and a half ago he
tried taking his life, not once but several times, and ended
up in a Children's Hospital.  In the time since then, he has
gone through much therapy, has had many doctors, counselors,
teachers, psychologists, etc., that have helped him realize
his full potential, with the full backing of our immediate
family and the prayers of so many of you here on Blogger and
elsewhere.  I thank You All deeply from my heart!!!

Today Firekeeper stands Tall and Proud.  Today, he faces his
Father in Family Court and reads a statement to him why he
does not want to be a part of his immediate life.  Today, he
tells his Dad why he came to be where he is and where he
goes from here. I can only imagine what his emotions are
right now, but I do know this...that my Grandson is a Hero to
me, and will be to other young children who will face what he
lived through.  I know my Grandson and he will pay it forward. 
But for now, he will finish the last leg of this journey so that
he can be free of the relentless abuse his Dad perpetrated on
him for eleven long years. 

Today...I stand in Gratitude.  It is a graceful moment.  It is
also mixed with sadness because I had hoped that his Father
would stand up and be a man, a Father.  But he has made it
abundantly clear to my Daughter, FireKeeper's Mother, that
he will not fight on this...he wants to just walk away.  For
the life of me I don't understand that.  How can someone just
walk away from this Beautiful Child?  I know that he has many
life issues and I have tried to come from a place of compassion
with him more times than I really care to remember, but each
time his base needs in life were more important than his son.


So...today I will celebrate along with my Grandson, and still
hold the hope that someday this man will come to his senses
and want an honest, love-filled relationship with his son.  For
now I need to be present in each new moment that FireKeeper
lives, as my Grandmotherhood calls me to do.  I do so in Joy.
I do so in Grandmother Love, in Mother Love, in Creator's Love.
I wear it so Proudly...and thank the Powers That Be for hearing
my Grandson's call to living a life without abuse, for standing
in Truth and Honor and Respect, and for being Authentic.

Today FireKeeper wears his Mohawk Proudly into Family Court.
He has the Breastplate of Truth as his Warrior Shield and I,
well, I call the Battle Cry!  It is a Good Day to Die!

Walk On FireKeeper, Walk On!!!

I Love You So Very Much!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmm....this brought tears to my eyes. it really did. what these young kids have to go thru. it's just so hard to watch. but i'm so with you with you what you said....how he'll be a hero to others. tears rollin' now.
what a path he's been on. thank god he's had you right there next to him....sending much love......

mxtodis123 said...

Perhaps one day he will realize his mistake, but perhaps it was just not meant to be. Firekeeper will be a better man himself because of this.
Mary

Merry ME said...

AWS,
Today I'm not crying. Today, I shouting "woohoo" for Firestarter, his mom, his grandmom, his doctors and therapists. His strength and courage and willingness to keep going in the face of fear and pain ... well they are characteristics of one twice his size. Bravo, Firestarter!

And you, Grandmother Wolfsong, I am so proud of you.

Maybe after the court session you can all go out and eat the heart of a buffalo or something a little less symbolic like a Big Mac!

Smiling and cheering. God has blessed you.

the wild magnolia said...

Reading this made my day! I am proud of both of you. It is wonderful to hear good news!

Thank you, for sharing!