Friday, April 22, 2011
Happy Earth Day!
And now will we count to twelve
and we will all keep still...
For once on the face of the earth
let's not speak in any language;
let's stop for one second,
and not move our arms so much.
It would be an exotic moment
without rush, without engines,
we would all be together
in a sudden strangeness.
Fishermen in the cold sea
would not harm whales
and the man gathering salt
would look at his hurt hands.
Those who prepare green wars,
wars with gas, wars with fire,
victory with no survivors,
would put on clean clothes
and walk about with their brothers
in the shade doing nothing.
What I want should not be confused
with total inactivity.
(Life is what it is about;
I want no truck with death.)
If we were not so singleminded
about keeping our lives moving,
and for once could do nothing,
perhaps a huge silence
might interrupt this sadness
of never understanding ourselves
and of threatening ourselves with death.
Perhaps the earth can teach us
as when everything seems dead
and later proves to be alive.
Now I'll count up to twelve,
and you keep quiet and I will go.
~Pablo Neruda~
Earth Mother, Our Mother...
I thank you deeply for Your
sustenance each day so that
I might live.
Remind me daily of the beauty
I see in You, through wondrous
cloud, the ant busily working,
the dandelion blooming, the
bee busy gathering nectar,
the birds of the air soaring on
the thermals.
Remind of your waters that
are home to the creatures that
share the planet with me.
Remind me to stand in amazement
for all good things which come
from You, Blessed Mother.
As I am reminded then Mother Earth,
let me say a silent prayer, one
which sprouts from a glad heart,
one which feels your Love as You
continually support me, so that I
may feel Your grace within, so that I
may always stand in amazement.
Bless You Earth Mother...
A'HO!
Akasa WolfSong 4/22/2011
Labels:
Blessings,
Earth Day 2011,
Mother Earth,
Pablo Neruda,
Prayer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
It's a very special day today - it's not only Earth Day, but Good Friday and there are so many memories to recall and paths to chose...I hope we, as a human race, will chose the right way and somehow preserve, protect and defend our Mother Earth.
With God's help and prayer we will have a fighting chance.
I hope you are doing well today. I have been thinking of you - wishing you could be at the lake with me because when I look at the water, I remember you, my friend.
With Love,
Doris (and Gizzy)
Happy Earth Day! Our blessed Mother Earth is so giving.
Thank you for the sharing and poems!
Both are awesome.
I hope you are feeling better. Take care of you.
sending love, magnolia
A most blessed earth day to you..
every day
sacred sister...
What a beautiful prayer this is sister of my heart.
Happy Earth Day to you.
I am a little late, forgive me but I just opened a
blog on this site and was reading some interesting
blogs and lo and behold here you are.
I am still trying to find my way around this site.
What a pleasant surprise to see you once again.
hugs Sharon (Wordancer)
now
On Fragile Wings
Post a Comment