Tuesday, September 21, 2010

In Honor Of....




In honor of the 2010 International Day
of Peace, I'd like to leave you with this
Prayer from St. Frances of Assisi...

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace;
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

Grant that I may not so much seek
to be consoled as to console;
to be understood, as to understand,
to be loved as to love;
for it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning, that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to
eternal life.

This may not be your prayer, but it is a
prayer worth taking in to your heart's song,
as we are all one under the Creator's Love.
If this does not resonate with you, then
share with me Beloved's what words will
make your heart sing...I believe that all
prayers reach Mother/Father God's energy.

I wish for You a Day filled with all things
Peaceful, Joyous, and Abundant!

Mitakuye Oyasin!

4 comments:

Merry ME said...

Amen, Sister.
I love this prayer.

mxtodis123 said...

Beautiful. I love your header. Wish I could be sitting in one of those rocking chairs. Your blog gives me such a feeling of peace when I come here.
Mary

Pamela Jones said...

...and let it begin with me.

Jennifer said...

I love his poem and I wish you peace ... always. Jennifer