these beautiful images and learn the fable.
The Fable of the Porcupine....
It was the coldest winter ever...many animals
dies because of the cold. The porcupines,
realizing the situation, decided to group together.
This way, they covered and protected themselves;
but the quills of each one wounded their closest
companions even though they gave off heat to
each other. After awhile, they decided to distance
themselves from the others...and they began to
die...alone and cold.
So they had to make a choice: either accept the
quills of their companions or disappear from the
Earth. Wisely, they decided to go back to being
together. This way they learned to live with the
little wounds that were caused by their close
relationship with their companions, but the most
important part of it, was the heat that came from
the others. Staying close, they were able to survive.
Moral of the Story....
The best relationship is not the one that brings
together perfect people, but the best is when each
individual learns to live with the imperfections of
others and can admire the other person's good
qualities.
I was sent this story in my email this morning by
My Long Time Sister Dancingfire, and I have gone
back to it many times throughout today...
I am first of all amazed at these tiny babies and
how perfect they are, how adorable they are, and
how they just warm me up from the inside out.
And...after having read the Fable, I have to impart
that we humans could do some really wonderful
things on Mother Earth if we could take a lesson
from this very heart touching story. It is a definite
HeartSong to me...
I am reminded too, that in the times we are living in
we all need to be more accepting of other cultures,
belief systems, religions, races, and upbringings.
When I turn on the television, I am bombarded with
so many negative stories from all over the world that
I have to breathe deeply and restore myself to a
place of peace or I become easily overwhelmed.
What I have found instead, is that place deep inside
me when I quiet my mind and heart, to listen, really
listen, to the cries from all over the Four Corners of
Mother Earth...from The Tree of Life, that we, as
humans are desperately seeking out Love...
Isn't it time we gathered closer together and felt the
true warmth that comes when we decide to huddle
together to feel the warmth of that One True Love?
That One True Love that exists inside of us all?
What can you do to make the huddle warmer today?
I wish for you long days of warmth and sunshine on
your skin, the closeness of family and friends,
of kinship in spiritual circles, and being one
with your Creator .... no matter what you call Him
or Her....I wish for you Peace and Love!
A'HO!



8 comments:
So tiny and sweet. I never realized how small they were. This was a lovely post.
Mary
Fabulous post Sister! Arent they wonderful little creatures? I love them so...I love the fable as well, so very true!
I love you dearly ...Taking a bit of a break and hunkering down.I will be coming out of my cave soon I am sure,lol.xxx
Thanks for the smile and reminder of how to live in community.
I dont think I have ever seen anything as adorable as this post.
You excelled yourself with this post.
Loved it!
Indie
Is this coincidence?
I love this post this blog. I'm reader of Tammie was attracted to your name and am in love...
I got to hedgehogs to heal and help to survive winter. Your littleones look like hedgehogs but I think the ears are different.
love
yvette
a wonderful story and such a good lesson to be learned. Sometimes we think we know and recognize that face yet a reminder of it tells us otherwise...
Thank you so for sharing especially the photos. Simply adorable little things. Just a ball of needles...
Blessings dear sister.... your wisdom is always a bright spot to my days..
oh my what a beautiful little sweetie pie Akasa !
Yes we have seen porcupines in the bush , always in autumn or winter when there are no leaves on the trees .
Oh how sweet! I'm just catching up with your blog posts...
"What I have found is that place deep inside when I quiet my mind and heart, to listen, really listen..." Lovely - me too. :)
I love the pictures of this delightful creature!, especially where she is curled up in her quills!
May we all learn to look beyond the quills and see the Essence that is there! Love to you! Christine
Post a Comment