This ritual brought 60 local women together, in celebration of water,
our Life Giving Source. The ritual also bore witness to the contamination
of our water supplies and ended with a healing prayer. Inspired by the
tradition of women as water bearers, each woman carried her own
pitcher in the ritual as a symbol of her commitment to guard and
conserve this precious resource. The combined waters carried by these
60 women represent the collective impact of their individual commitment.
Their prayers were sealed in a bottle that was offered to the Pacific Ocean
in 2009. (Source: You Tube)
This video very much embodies what I, as a Water Keeper wish to see each
woman in the world partake in...even if you must do it alone, and many of us
do, your prayer is most powerful and significant to the Element of Water as
a Life Source/Force. We can no longer afford to turn away, turn our heads,
and expect the Water to be Purified and Healed. It all starts within. I leave
you with these thoughts today, and wish for you a moment of going to a body
of water if you are able, to send Healing into the Waters. If you are unable,
do it from the Point of Light wherever you are, please?
In Universal Love and Gentle Peace...
5 comments:
Thank you so much for sharing this special ritual with us. I'll be watching it again.
Mary
what a beautiful ritual. I could not agree with you more in regards to the urgency. I have always found it funny how something so vital can be so ignored by so many...
blessings to you and thanks for sharing the video
Beautiful, Akasa!
Thank you for sharing this -- I was drawn into the circle and found myself swaying with them and praying for our oceans.
All I can say right now ...is WOW!!!
Thanks for sharing the water ceremony , it does my heart good to know that so many are praying and teaching others how sacred our waters are.
~ Many Blessings ~
Post a Comment