Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Grateful for Quiet Mornings....




















It is within the stillness of the
morning I find myself in Gratitude
for Water, for Life.

In my weeks of praying for Water,
I have come to know myself more
intimately...have realized my
relationship to Water, The Womb
of all Life.

In this Awakening then, much has
been brought to me to 'see.'  Yes,
the Bodies of Water that need all
of our Healing Prayers, the issues
that affect us all, and the glimpses
of things not so pleasant that we
sometimes choose to ignore as it
brings us to a place of being so
uncomfortable...perhaps because
we have been part of the cause.

This morning though, my Sister/Friend
Shalahnia sent me a link to peruse.
When I followed that link, I was so
brought into a place of joy, of higher
awareness, that all I could do was sit
here in the stillness of the morning,
and be Grateful for Shalahnia as being
The Messenger, and Grateful for the
blog holding the new awareness. 

It feels very much like a day of sitting
within the silence of my own spirit and
reveling in the joy of others as I allow
them to touch my heartsong.  The
picture above shows me the reflection
we all mirror to one another...and I
Thank Great Spirit, Grandfather and
Grandmother for giving me another day
of Life, of Living, of Breath, of Prayer,
of friendships found and friendships
lost, of birdsong, of meadows kissed
by sun and flower, of harvests coming
in to help in winter hours, and for
Water...that element given us to
nourish, refresh, revitalize, and as the
blog I am sending you to says...it is
Medicine...and I am Grateful to be a
Water Keeper.
A'HO!

Please visit:

http://sunraypeacevillage.blogspot.com/2010/07/water-practice-3-levels-by-venerable.html#links

Wishing for You a day of Gratefulness....

7 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

water is entirely precious, thank you for sharing this with us~

Anonymous said...

I so love the pciture you posted Akasa ☺ it reminds me of my childhood so much very calming ☺
I will check out the link

DancingFire said...

Beautiful write today Sister.I love it when you reveal glimpses of the core of who you are and although you do it often...sometimes deeper than others.Wish I had been there in your quiet morning as I felt drawn to be when I read your words.
Bless the water...all waters as they are our life blood and the life blood of our Great Mother Earth.Blessings to Shalahnia.Thanks for the link my sister of long ago...I love you beyond what can be measured by time or substance.

Holly, the Old Western Gal said...

I sure miss water. *sigh* But we do have plenty sunshine here at least!

JoyceAnn said...

Enjoyed reading your post , beautiful thoughts of what we all should be grateful for. The pic is gorgeous and so serene. Heading over to check-out that blog.

~ Many Blessings my Friend ~

Doris Sturm said...

What a lovely post, Akasa. Reading the words put me in a mindful, harmonious mood...I am thankful every day to have clean drinking water as opposed to many people in other countries who don't...I do drink a lot of water and I now water can heal and hurt, depending on where it is. You have to appreciate it and respect it. I was raised near water (ponds and brooks) and have always been comforted by the sound of a babbling brook - yet am a bit fearful of the big ocean since I am not accustomed of it. I learned how the full moon regulates the ebb and tide and also our moods since we are mostly water, so it all comes down to water. I went to your friend's blog and read her post. I will go back to read more. I feel relieved that there are people on this planet that really understand and appreciate our elements.

Have a lovely day,
Doris and Gizzy :-) We love you!

Mystic Meandering said...

Hi Akasa ~ I wanted to send you these poems that I thought you'd like, but couldn't find an email address for you on your profile page, so I am leaving them here. Hope you don't mind... They are ones that got forwarded to me in the many mailings that I get. When I read them I thought of you and your love for the Earth...

Blessings - Christine

Prayers for the Earth

For once on the face of the earth let's not speak in any language
Let's stop for one second and not move our arms so much.
It would be an exotic moment without rush, without engines.
We would all be together in a sudden strangeness.
Fisherman in the cold sea would not harm whales
...And the man gathering salt would look at his hurt hands.
Those who prepare green wars, wars with gas, wars with fire,
Victory with no survivors
Would put on clean clothes and walk about with their brothers in the shade doing nothing.
What I want should not be confused with total inactivity,
Life is what it is about.
I want no truck with death.
If we were not so single minded about keeping our lives moving,
And for once could do nothing,
Perhaps a huge silence might interrupt this sadness of never understanding ourselves
And of threatening ourselves with death.
Perhaps the earth can teach us when everything seems dead and later proves to be alive.

~ Pablo Neruda

~ ~ ~

Walk, and touch peace every moment,
Walk, and touch happiness every moment.
Each step brings a fresh breeze,
Each step makes a flower bloom under our feet;
Kiss the earth with your feet,
...Print on earth your love and happiness.

Earth will be safe
when we feel in us enough safety.

~ Thich Nhat Hanh