I awoke early this morning and gently
breathed in the new beginning of the
day, coming over the horizon and the
doorsill. Life appeared at a standstill.
There was not even birdsong this
morning. I found that odd, but perhaps
even birds need quiet time too. What
surprised me most was that my inner
thoughts weren't tumbling out of me
as I arose to greet the day. Most
mornings when I open my eyes the
chatter begins before I even have a
chance to breathe in the gloriousness
of the moment unfolding before me.
This morning I was given a much needed
reprieve and I was and still am so very
grateful. Even now as I sit and type
out the words I really haven't much
thought going on in my head and I find
it marvelous!
I quickly penned off a letter to a few
friends a while after I'd been awake,
then I took my meds and began my
day in small increments. The morning
'Toilette'...the gazing in the mirror at
one's reflection, the looking in the eye
and studying of one's self. The washing
up of face, teeth, brushing the hair and
making ready to face whatever will be
crossing your journey through the day
and I am smiling. In the words of The
Ancient Ancestors who walked our lands
before us I 'hear'....It is a good day to
die!
I had a trying week this week...everyday
a test of my patience and faith but I
walked through it and recognize the
warrior who still resides within. The
child/woman who is me, still growing,
still learning, still contemplative, still
thankful, still sorrowful, still grateful.
What I find so amazing as I go through
my days, is that I can find so much peace
as I make my way through all of your
blogs, and read till my heart is full and
know that you experience the same life
stripes as I do...the story may be some-
what different but the feelings, the human
experience is the same. And that being
said is what the collective soul/
consciousness is all about. How very
powerful. At the end of the day we are
all reaching for Love...Source Love, The
One's Love, God/Goddess Love, Mother/
Father God Love...Christian, Jew, Muslim,
Taoist, Pagan, Buddhists, nothing separates us
from that same experience. We all carry
the same atom and cell which sparked us in
the first Holy Breath.
How then do we go to celebrating a holiday
reserved for Fallen Soldiers? For honoring
those brave enough to go into battle over
human condition and essential control and
power by the governments who deem it
necessary for human survival? It boggles
the mind and hurts the hearts of all who
live it, and even the humans whose heart is
hardened by hate and power. I know that
in their darkest hours the Source speaks
to them as much as it does to me.
But today and tomorrow I will honor those
who fought for freedom for this country.
Being Patriotic is a given for me albeit
a conundrum since my views are so not
in keeping with this Holiday. I want peace
for our planet, I want peace so that wars
over oil, water, greed come to an end. So
that Mothers and Fathers, Sisters and
Brothers don't have to experience the
human condition of dying for naught.
Nobody wins in war...any war. We lose
honor, we lose face, we lose lands that
belong to all by virtue of someone saying
this soil belongs to me when it belongs
to Mother Earth, we lose lives...killing
and blood shed have to stop. No Mother
ever births a child and then wants to send
that child into a war-torn country. Let us
begin today to stop the brutality of hungry,
greedy, power sucking killing machines.
As Mothers and Grandmothers we need to
stand together, arm in arm across all
nations of the Planet and shout it out for
all the world to hear that we pray beauty
finds its way to us now.
But for now I will be the Good Grandmother
who prays, who stands with hand on heart
and gives Honor to those who have given a
life, so that others may live. I will cry for the
Mothers who lose their children to senseless
killing. I will pray for the families who will
never again see the beloved face of the one
they love and hold dear. And I will continue
to Pray for Beauty and Peace in a world gone
crazy over land, water, soil, and power.
Hear my cry Eagle Spirit and carry it to
Tunkashila...
Pilamaya Beloved One!

15 comments:
Very powerful Sister love,very powerful! You are the gem I found as I was searching for myself. The gem which becomes the mirror that shows me myself.The gem with a myriad of facets and I love every one. Thank you for this beautiful,personal,powerful write.I love you so very much!
What a powerful post!!! We do all seem to have similar up's and down's in our lives. I love that Eagle. Great picture.
Mary
Had to come over and look at your blog after reading your name over from D's -- quilting from GA...I have a great interest in Native American anything, spiritually especially.....blessings this Memorial Day.....
My Dearest Dancing Sister...the one who dances with me through it all...know this...you sing my heartsong and always have. There is nothing that is me that is not you and there is nothing that is you that is not me. That is the way of it. So you are my shining blue gem, my blue star Sister.
I love you always...always!
xx
Blessings Mary...so good to hear your heartsong here today...yes we do have those ups and downs together don't we. If people only realized that we are more similar than we are different our world would be a better place to live, Yes?
The picture is from Photobucket...I love it too! As I love Eagle who soars over me from time to time, to carry my messages to Great Spirit.
Take care beloved Sister!
Welcome I Wonder Wye!!! So good of you to come and visit...I love visitors! Thank You so much for stopping in. I am going to make my way over to your blog momentarily here.
Have a safe and sacred Memorial Day tomorrow! Blessings going out to you and yours Dear One!
We remember our fallen in November, which seems an apt time with winter around.
This is a wonderful post, and made me tear up, especially as my youngest is going to join up next January.And that is is his choice and I have to let him go whether I like it or not!So as a mother I have to let my young find there way and then I have to find a way to deal with it inside myself.
namaste
Ah Byrd...I am so sorry you have to deal with your son going into service...truly I cannot wrap my brain around that. I have a son who is 32 and thankfully I've not had to deal with it. I am selfish in that regard I suppose.
May your son be protected Byrd and may we stop war, all war before he has to go!
Thank you for singing your song here today...you've certainly given me food for thought.
xx
Remember the fallen. Pray for peace.
My Stepdaughter is about to do her second tour in Iraq soon and we pray for them all. Today I remember and honor all those that have fallen.Peace to all...Dancing
Yes...today is a day to remember and pray...as we should everyday.
Pilamaya Dancing and Pam!
Yes, most wars are fought for evil reasons, shallow, money-oriented. But I separate the war from those -- usually so very young -- who fight them. So I hate the wars but love the troops.
Dear Holly...I quite agree with you...but I also think utopically I guess that until all humankind stands to make a stand this will always be. And that, saddens me greatly. I am an Aquarian and so the only thing I know is to breathe hope and peace into a situation that appears to be hopeless but as in all things we suffer from our delusions. Me most especially I would think. I am constantly told that anywho! I will never give up that hope!
Thanking you for sharing your heartsong here today Dear One!
xx
The need for bringing more peace and harmony into the world is great. We can only hope each day that some form of unnecessary violence can be avoided; that our daily fears, brought about by useless human conflicts, can somehow be lessened. You Akasa are somewhat like a pure water source;that cannot help but dispense pure water.You breathe the suffering of others into an Infinite love which transmutes the suffering into healing.You are a source of love and light to others.I for one am soooo grateful to have you in my life.
My Dearest Sister Dancing...
I have no words for it. No words my love...
Mitakuye Oyasin!
Post a Comment