Friday, February 5, 2010

Mountain Grandma's Song

If I look back where I belong
I hear the Ancient Mother in
the Mountain Grandma's song.

Singing sweet, the old time long ago,
of babes and mouths to feed...
turning a dress or an old shirt out
of burlap bags into the urgent need.

Caring for family, one moment at a time,
walkin' down that path with head held high
as the Old Mama knows.  As we've
watched her grow, always into her own.

The years are turning and time goes by-
tellin' us to tell the truths and never
the damned old lie, just so we can get by.

Another day, another hour, looking inside
for a bit more power - now the silent sighs
come, the staying awake when day is done.

Gathering peace like a mantle around
your shoulders...another day gone,
another day older.  Show me grace
please Ancient Mother.

Another dimension now, just one more.
The Crone comes knocking at your door.
You open yourself, embrace the new but
still shadows lurk in things you do, things
you say, another worry, another day.

Grandmother please, help me along
my way.  I pray to get it right...to
leave my legacy, so the babes will know
to go back to that mountain top, where

The Grandma's song, sang to us sweet
and all night long.

© Akasa WolfSong  1/16/07

I love to write poetry even tho I
think I'm not very good at it.
Something kept calling me to
share this tonight though so
I'm showing my HeartSong here.

I wish you all a safe and sacred
evening full of graceful moments.
Let the ending of your day be
filled with peace and the knowing
you tried your best today.  That
is all we are meant to do.  In
each moment that we live we
breath the sacredness of life.

Peace........

2 comments:

Merry ME said...

"I'm not very good at it."
How many times do we tell ourselves these lies?
I like to write but when others tell me I'm a writer I think "what do they know?" There's only one cure for this - Fake it til we make it.

You are a poet! Believe it!

AkasaWolfSong said...

I stand amazed Merry ME...and humbly say thank you! :)
So...I will fake it till I make it, lol.

Thank You Dear Heart!
In Divine Love,
Akasa