Within us is the soul of the whole, the wise silence,
the Universal beauty, the eternal One.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson~
A note from my Grandson-
I've always been afraid of my dad.
Afraid he would come in my home and
hurt me and my mom when nobody
was there. I cry in the middle of
the night because I've always thought he
was coming for us. I sleep with my
slingshot under my pillow so he cannot
hurt me.
I call out to all the children reading this.
You are not alone.
You really do have power.
~Firekeeper~
How does this tie in with Ralph Waldo Emerson's quote?
We are all connected.
We are all part of the vast beauty of the
Beloved Universe.
I had an epiphany while reading my
grandson's words to share....
he is not the only one who sleeps with
protection under his pillow.
Protection real, or imagined, we
line our dreams and sleeping
with universal prayer,
the comfort of a loved one close by,
promises of a better tomorrow,
a treasured blankie.
We all are part of the whole.

7 comments:
oh wow......what a note....
wow......
i hope there's a place you can put that note where kids everywhere can see it......
Yes, indeed...and beautifully put! Thank you!
We must protect the children whose ghosts are real.
Terri and Pam...
Thank you for sharing your heartsong with me..
I am going to start a book here at home with Seth's sharings...as soon as he received your gift Terri, he sat down and wrote out what he wanted to say on the blog. Head bent over, writing diligently, he paused and looked up at me and he said, 'Grandma, have you noticed how I am doing so much better in reading and writing?' I told him that I had, how proud I am for his persistence in overcoming his obstacles...and that I loved him so very much!
One ghost dying...that of his father telling him he's stupid! Bah! The man knows nothing of the true beauty of the life he created!
May peace prevail on earth!
AWS,
Please share with young Firekeeper that he is not stupid. I say this without even knowing him, because I in his words I read about someone with strength to hold on and courage to protect himself. The fact that he cries himself to sleep is the fault of the grownups in his life, not him. I pray he will grow into a man that can always speak, or write, his heartsong. May it's melody soothe his soul and those of others who sleep with something under their pillow to make them feel safe. My prayer is that one day the sling shot will be replaced with trust and hope.
I read your words - the ones that I can until my eyes burn with tears and my hand shakes so on the mouse the curser jumps around in a frantic search for someplace to land. fathers so few that teach good lessons to their sons and daughters and mothers whose songs quiver in fear or anger or both. life has changed - dramatically. too many have lost touch in boots that spurn the child, thoughts that sear the flesh, with actions despicable - never to be forgiven. childhood fears become adult hood nightmares of memories so deeply hidden - too weary to stanch them -too scared to face them - inside, never to be forgotten. that you recognixe is it's own reward to you, your grandson, offering safety and refuge. the tender hand, the loving heart, the expressions of love, may they be the bedrock of consciousness so earnestly searched for - for relief.
Thank You Merry Me...
Thank You Anonymous...
I'm crying over here...
It still really hurts.
Hurts hugely.
But we shall grow stronger and wiser together...
What a powerful and sad note from a little child! How awful it must be for him to live in such fear of the man you are supposed to trust.
Mary
Post a Comment