Wednesday, July 27, 2011

May the Water Flow (For the People of the Azawak)



In searching for something new to post about Water related
issues I came upon this video on You Tube...after reading
about this project I thought I'd share it. 


I've been walking for miles and miles

Along this dusty road beneath a blazing sky

Searching for sustenance

So our children will not die.



I've been waiting for years and years

in this desert for some kind of hope

Praying to the Gods above

That our people can have a fertile home.



May the water flow all over our land

May the children smile again

May the Gods above answer all our prayers

And may the world begin to care

There is so much we have to teach

But love is just outside our reach

There is so much we want to learn

But first this chapter has to turn.



Now children from a distant land

Have helped us dig beneath the sand

Water can now flow to us

And to our animals from the Well of Love.



With new friendships and new strength

Our women can work alongside our men

Start anew to use our tools

Build new roads, home and schools.



May the water flow all over our land

May the children smile again

May the Gods above answer all our prayers

And may the world begin to care

There is so much we have to teach

But love is just outside our reach

There is so much we want to learn

But first this chapter has to turn.



I had a dream that children of all races

Were dancing in the rain

And the deserts of the world

Were filled with flowers and with grain.



And I know that the wisdom of all the ancient ones will guide our way

Brothers and sisters hand in hand

to build a greener day.



May the water flow all over our land

May the children smile again

May the Gods above answer all our prayers

And may the world begin to care

There is so much we have to teach

But love is just outside our reach

There is so much we want to learn

But first this chapter has to turn.

~Words and music by Andrew Kutt~

For more info sign in to You Tube and
watch from there...they have more links
to their work as well.

There is also a blog here on Blogger you
can check out:

http://montessori-amman-imman-project.blogspot.com/

I applaud this Heart Endeavor Wholeheartedly!

A'HO!

Mitakuye Oyasin

5 comments:

mxtodis123 said...

You always find something so lovely and meaningful. I can't tell you how many of your posts I have saved on "My favorites."
Mary

the wild magnolia said...

I agree with Mary, you have given us something lovely and useful, reminding us we are not alone.

As Mother Teresa said, we belong to each other.

Thank you kindred friend.

much love, magnolia

On Fragile Wings said...

Water, something we take for granted is essential for life. It brings joy to see the smiling faces of the people of Africa, who have endured far too much pain.

Such a loving post this is...

hugs and blessings
Word Dancer

Doris Sturm said...

It's difficult for me to imagine a life without proper water supply - having lived near ponds, lakes and the ocean all my life...I'm lucky! I know not to take it for granted and I try to stop every day and mindfully thank God for the many blessings I have for I know that other people are not that fortunate.

It's important to remember and give thanks every day!

Wishing you a happy and healthy Sunday evening, my friend ;-)

With Love,
Doris, Gizzy (and the kitty cats outside)
p.s. I'm going to try to have them spayed before I move...there's a program I'm checking out and hopefully they can help me, one cat at a time!

Tammie Lee said...

yes, may waters flow in just the right amount. i can not imagine life without water, it is precious!