Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thoughts of November....



The body is like a November birch facing the full moon
And reaching into the cold heavens.
In these trees there is no ambition, no sodden body, no leaves,
Nothing but bare trunks climbing like cold fire!

My last walk in the trees has come.  At dawn
I must return to the trapped fields,
to the obedient earth.
The trees shall be reaching all the winter.

It is a joy to walk in the bare woods.
The moonlight is not broken by the heavy leaves.
The leaves are down, and touching the soaked earth,
Giving off the odors that partridges love.

~Robert Bly~  Solitude Late At Night in the Woods.

8 comments:

Mother Moon said...

what a beautiful poem... Yes November is surely here.. The north breeze is brisk and rather cold today.. I hear my chimes outdoors letting me know. Blessings to you dear one.. hope you have a wonderful week

mxtodis123 said...

I have always loved this poem, and funny, I was just reading it the other day and thinking that this was about life. Thank you for sharing this my friend.
Mary

the wild magnolia said...

Wonderful words.

AkasaWolfSong said...

Indeed the chill of the air is upon us Janie and I welcome it...today here was utterly beautiful with the sun shining and a light chilly breeze asking us to keep moving. I enjoyed sitting in the sun for a good long while.
Blessings to you as well Dear Friend!

AkasaWolfSong said...

Dear Mary...you are so right about it being of life! I thought so the first time I ever read it. It is a great analogy and especially at this time of year when we become so reflective of the wheel as it turns...in Nature and in Self.

You are more than welcome Sister!
xoxo

AkasaWolfSong said...

Thank You Magnolia...I sure wish I could find your blog as I'd love to connect with you! I will keep trying, lol!

Have a Blessed Week!

the wild magnolia said...

Thanks for stopping by, for the ED poem which fits so well, and for taking time to comment.

I'm so weary and tired, the kind thoughtful words from and kindred spirit, apply a soothing balm.

So glad you are here in blog land to bless us.

Blessings.

Pamela Jones said...

Beautiful in its simplicity! Thanks for sharing this!