As I rise to greet Father Sun this morning
my thoughts are with all of you and what
this day holds in store. I give thanks for
all that comes our way, we need not have
hold of it until it arrives. Therein is the
true blessing and the moment of grace as
we experience the essence of living it.
Hold each moment in its holiness...
So...this morning already as I have been
up quite some time, I thought I'd
point you in this direction to watch this
video when you have some time...it is truly
informative and powerful. The video itself
is called Earth Wisdom: For a World in Crisis.
You will find it here:
and I truly hope you can make time to see it.
My wish for you today is to stand tall and proud
in your own truths...do not be swayed by what
other's think your truths should or should not
be...they are not walking your path, nor should
they follow in your footsteps, your path may
not be right for them...we all walk our own way
into the Day of Quiet.
I leave you with these thoughts and pray you
a most beautiful day....
This poem which reads like a prayer touched
my spirit this morning...by Wendell Berry...
Sowing the seed,
my hand is one with the earth.
Wanting the seed to grow,
my mind is one with the light.
Hoeing the crop,
my hands are one with the rain.
Having cared for the plants,
my mind is one with the air.
Hungry and trusting,
my mind is one with the earth.
Eating the fruit,
my body is one with the earth.
A'HO!

6 comments:
A'HO.
Good morning, my dear friend. Thanks for the video. I've only a few minutes before I have to run my group so I have saved it for later. Hoping your day goes well. I have tomorrow off. Yippee!!!
Mary
Good morning, dear lady Akasa :-)
I'm slowly coming around to visit my sweet friends, knowing how forgiving and patient - and faithful - true friends really are and I thank you for that!
I saw the video and LOVED it - how can you not? How can anyone argue with the truth because the truth speaks for itself.
The big problem is that there is no profit in doing the right thing and doing what's just. Only the people like you and me and others who visit your blog see that video, but what about the ones that really need to hear that? The people who think everything's for sale? Unless the big politicians and law makers join in and enforce laws to encourage responsible living and make it a crime to rape the earth and reward eco-conscious builders, only then can we see a big difference. We need to reach the people who simply don't care - who have the big bucks and buy themselves another planet to pollute. Very sad!
But, thanks to folks like you, the battle continues...I saw a lovely movie yesterday on Netflix and wish I had the CD to send you because I think you would enjoy it. Maybe you have it already or maybe you can rent it (providing you even like to watch movies) but this one is worth it. It's called "Grey Owl" (1999)
and here's a little description:
An Iroquois woman named Pony (Annie Galipeau), eager to learn firsthand about her culture's fast-disappearing traditions, approaches trapper-writer Archie Grey Owl (Pierce Brosnan). He shows her how to trap and instructs her about the wondrous bounty of the wilderness. But Archie's life drastically changes when he and Pony marry and embark on a lecture tour of England.
Apparently is taken from real life and he was considered ahead of his time speaking up first for the endangered Beaver (he gave up being a tracker) and then for the trees and the environment.
I think you'd like it.
With love for a wonderful day,
Doris (and Gizzy)
Doris...For me Dear Woman I have to keep hope in my heart that the one small thing I am doing makes a difference...that everyone's small thing makes a difference. We have to learn to change our mindsets that it is possible to change our world by all of those small steps to a greater world. How could it not be important? By the very virtue of the breath we breath into the intention of it it becomes sacred and holy therefore creating a new wave of compassion and love that goes into our Earth Mother and touches her heart and soul? While you are walking by your beautiful Lake there where you live just breath your prayer into Her Waters...She will hear you and honor your intentions..I know this as sure as I am typing these words. The 'others' who perpetrate crimes against Her and Humanity will pay with their lives. We just need to keep our awareness attached to Her Healing and Heal She Will.
Thank You so much for your sharing your heartsong here with me today...I've missed you! :)
Blessings my Sister/Friend!
Thank You Pam and Mary...I do hope you get a chance to watch it!
Love and Blessings!
Wendell Berry...aren't his words wonderful. His poem reminds me of a post I am thinking about writing about the Path of Cultivation.
Let me say this though...the photo of the wolf sooo touches me. Those tender eyes seem to merge right into mine.
Blessing dear sister...
Nhashta
Post a Comment