Monday, July 12, 2010

Prayer for Today....
















Great and Eternal Mystery of Life,
Creator of All Things,
We give thanks for the beauty You
put in every single one of Your Creations.
We are grateful that You made every
stone, plant, creature, and human being,
a perfect and whole part of the Circle of
Life. 
We are thankful that You have allowed
us to see the strength and beauty in
Everything.
Our humble request is that all of the
Children of the Earth learn to see the
same perfection in themselves.
May all of Your Children know that
Creation is an extension of Your Perfect
Love!!!

A'Ho!

One Voice, One Heart, One Mind
Remembering that Water is Life...

Here are several great things to peruse
at your leisure today...(and by the way...
sorry the link did not work for the video
prayer I posted) anywho...
http://www.yesmagazine.org/issues/water-solutions
as well as...
http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2010/04/water-is-life/kingsolver-text
both are great reads!

Firekeeper and I went to the Mighty Rock
River to do our ceremony/ritual very early
Sunday morning...I had wanted to go on
Saturday evening as the sun was going
down but it was not to be so, so we then
made plans to go as the sun was coming
up on Sunday morning and now I know why
we were to wait.  What an incredible time
of peace, stillness, and harmony as we
said our personal prayers, prayed the
prayer I posted above, poured our bottle of
water that we had blessed into the river,
and gave offerings of white lilly and
cornmeal to the waters.  As we were doing
so, out from the rushes along the water's
edge came a family of Mallard Ducks and
they swam towards us...silently as we were
being quiet too, inhaling the peace and
stillness of the morning, and they stopped
right in front of us.  FireKeeper and I just
smiled at one another, knowing in our hearts
they were there to assist us.  It was so
utterly beautiful to bear witness that the
elegant webbed ones were there to assist
us in sending up prayers!  We then just
sat in silence for awhile and watched as
the morning light filtered through the trees
and played out on the water's surface...
You could feel our blessings and prayers
being carried to the oceans of Mother Earth.
I am so very grateful to have had this time
to share with my Grandson, to have had this
time to pray and send even more blessings
to the waters and to Creator for giving us
the right time and place to do so.  The
energies were palpable all day long and into
the night.  I can still feel them this morning!
Life is Good and I am claiming the Blessings
now!  A'HO!!  

I'd like to credit Grandmother Tonya
White Deer Cargill for the sharing of the
prayer above...A'HO!  Grandmother White
Deer works with The Sisterhood of the
Planetary Water Rites...Thank You
Grandmother!!!


I Pray You All a Day of Beauty and Harmony!
With Love,
Akasa

5 comments:

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, that sounds lovely, Akasa. I was watching you in my mind's eye as I read your post. I could imagine the stillness and reverency of the silent morning...I LOVE early mornings when the world is still sleepy - it's so quiet and only the birds are up preparing for the day. For me, it's the best time of day, but then, at times, I also enjoy star gazing and looking up at the moon thinking what a trusty companion he's been to me through all my years on earth. I knew him when I was a child and he's still here watching us - oh, boy, if he could talk...
I'm glad you went out to pray, paying your respects in behalf of mankind, because we all need prayers more than ever...thank you and bless you for being my friend.

Doris :-)

(I'm hauling boxes and rearranging yarn, making room for an "orderly" apartment inspection tomorrow and the next day - ughhh - not my favorite thing to do, but it has to get done.)

mxtodis123 said...

What a lovely prayer!!! Early morning is special to me. I always rise before the rest of the family to have my 'me time'...coffee on the back porch, contemplating the day. Even in the city, it's fairly quiet at that time.
Mary

DancingFire said...

Beautiful Sister,How I would have loved to be there in the flesh to sit at you and Seth's side.perhaps one day hey? I love you and thank you for a most beautiful and moving prayer today.

Pamela Jones said...

Thank you for taking me along to the river. Don't you just love it when the other creatures sense your peace and stay close?

JoyceAnn said...

Wonderful Prayer , thanks for sharing. I enjoyed hearing about your time by the Water , sounds so Peaceful and Perfect.


~ Beautiful Blessings ~