Sunday, February 10, 2013

Scrap the Open-Pit Mining Bill



Not only are the chemicals toxic to all of life, the lands
surrounding this allegedly 'safe' mining procedure would
fall prey to rape of the worst kind.  The Bad River Tribes
depend on the natural wild rice in these areas for not only
their sustenance,  but for earning a living as well.  This
wild rice slough is one of the biggest in Wisconsin.  As well,
they want a 21 mile area that cuts 1200 feet deep in some
areas and then they want to build a buffer on 1000 feet on
each side of the Bad River.  Even with the best of technologies
water and land pollution will still happen and all we are left
with is a huge, ugly land and water scar.

If you can help in any way help to stop this bill in its tracks
I would be so very appreciative.  I do not live in Northern
Wisconsin but eventually even my waters will be affected in
Southern Wisconsin...

I don't understand how the DNR, the EPA and the Army Corps
of Engineers can blindly turn their heads and allow this bill to
be pushed through.  Wisconsin proudly boasts of her pristine
waters that have become home to many tourists, fishermen,
families that enjoy coming to our state to vacation, etc...it all
saddens me greatly, which is why I decided to post this ad
here today.  As a Grandmother and Water Keeper who prays
for healing for our Mother Earth's waterways, this is of utmost
importance to me, and for those of you who live in Wisconsin
and in other areas of our country who are facing these same
decisions I hope you will let your voice be heard.  It is the
only way we can hope to keep our lands safe and sacred for
the present and for the next seven generations to come.  It is
time for the truth to be heard!!!

A'HO!

If you are interested in helping let me know and I will point
you in the right direction.

Thank You!

No comments: